- The rules of the Pasquale-Gattuso park must be respected at all times.
- When you come to the Club with your dog, be sure to respect the following instructions :
a. Your dog must wear the valid medal of the city or municipality where you live, or you must have the certificate issued by the municipality instead of a medal;
b. Your dog must be kept on a leash with a maximum length of 1.85 meters (6 ft.);
c. Dogs weighing more than 20kg (44 lbs.) must also wear a harness or halter.
For more details regarding the City of Montreal’s animal control regulations, consult the website http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/animals/
- Dogs must be kept on leash and under control, close to the handler, whatever the level of obedience achieved, except when under controlled exercises by the instructors.
- To avoid any accidents, do not let dogs smell each other or approach each other.
- Aggressive dogs or dogs that are uncontrolled are likely to cause accidents and may be expelled at the instructor’s request.
- Females in heat are not allowed in the Club’s premises during this period. However, it is highly recommended that the handler come to the class to observe and be able to practice the exercises at home.
- No act of violence whatsoever will be tolerated. At the first act of violence, the handler will receive a warning from the instructor. At the second gesture, he/she will be expelled.
- The handler must make sure that his dog relieves itself in the dedicated area. The handler must pick up after his dog’s excrements AT ALL TIMES. The handler must drop the bag in the garbage bin next to the area. Make sure to have poop bags. In case of accidents in the ring (agility field), the vinegar solution must be sprayed where the accident occurred, after removal.
- Since we are located in a City of Montreal playground park, it is now forbidden to smoke on the Club d’Agilité de Montréal grounds. The rule also applies to electronic cigarettes. If a person leaves the park to smoke, he or she must be sure to throw his/her cigarette butts outside the grounds in the designated recipient.
- Instructors have full authority on the agility grounds. Any sign of disrespect may be sanctioned by immediate expulsion of the team.